This is dead on…
“This is not the fruit of Jesus’ message for us to love others. Because of these beliefs, the integrity of Christian love is corrupted into ‘loving the sinner’ so much that believers condemn them, debase them, and badger them into conforming to their worldview in order to save them from hell.”
This is an excellent blogpost, check it out.
In my opinion, six mistaken beliefs among Christians cause incalculable pain, suffering, and lasting damage. I focus on these baggage issues on this blog, as summarized on my About page:
- The belief that the Father is an angry, capricious, vindictive God
- The concept of eternal punishment and torture in hell
- An insistence that the Bible is somehow inerrant in every word
- An over-emphasis on rules and doctrinal requirements
- Commitment to a literal approach to the creation stories in Genesis
- Disapproval and rejection of gay people
My good friend Christian Evolution created a graphic, based on my list, that captures these major issues very well. I feel so honored that he would do that.
Some Beliefs among Believers are more Harmful than Others
I know that followers of Jesus disagree on a host of issues, but I don’t think all issues are equally important. I talk about these six beliefs…
View original post 801 more words